Faith Covenant Church’s focus is hospitality, welcoming their community, and caring for families with young children, but their building reflected an antiquated, classroom-heavy ministry model with tight hallways, hard-to-locate hospitality areas, and no connection to their community’s main road.
Opening up underutilized classrooms and adding large exterior windows creates a welcoming, cohesive gathering area that features coffee, guest services, new restrooms, and a clear path to the refreshed, distraction-free worship space. Centralized children’s education is now defined by a secure check-in area that creates a safe learning environment for kids and peace of mind for parents.
New windows brighten the gathering area connecting those inside the walls of the church to the outdoors and greater community, while a welcoming café and seating area serve as the perfect space for people to gather together and connect.
A refreshed 120-person chapel which was the church’s original worship space in Burnsville, Minnesota was transformed with the help of Station 19 Architects to be utilized for special worship services and small gatherings incorporating modern elements while maintaining the legacy of the church’s history by highlighting the original architecture and incorporating stained glass near the chapel doors.
Branded graphics, in collaboration with the church’s graphic designer, incorporate the church’s mission. The result is light-filled and colorful spaces that reflect the “Gather, Grow & Go” expression of the mission and vision of Faith Covenant.
• Refreshed 490-seat sanctuary with improved sight lines, expanded platform and storage areas, and immersive audio/visual experience
• Refreshed 120-person chapel
• Increase security for kids’ classroom areas with separate restrooms for lobby, sanctuary, and gathering areas from kids-specific areas
• Warm, welcoming, and visible areas for coffee, guest services, and check-in
• Exterior and community connection space, both interior and exterior patio
• Existing exposed glulam and wood truss ceilings were refreshed
• New roll-down fire separation door allows open, expanded, and visible gathering areas while maintaining code compliant separations
• New fire alarm system
• New RTU over lobby and new ground unit for classrooms provides ventilation and cooling for the first time in classrooms and gathering areas
• LED lighting in all remodeled areas